The San Francisco Veterans Administration (SFVA) Hospital Medicine Division, established in 2011, is committed to the unique mission of serving and honoring America’s Veterans.
The VA's five core values underscore the obligations inherent in its mission: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence.
The Hospital Medicine Division carries forth this mission by:
- Providing high quality, comprehensive, compassionate, and patient-centered care to Veterans
- Providing innovative, humanistic and effective medical education to clinical trainees rooted in the principles of evidence based inpatient medicine
- Fostering an environment of academic inquiry and continual professional improvement for faculty
- Implementing and evaluating quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Performing innovative research in medical education and clinical medicine
- Building and nurturing collaborations with other medical and surgical services
Importantly, SFVA Hospitalists are intimately involved in the VA’s continued commitment to excellence through administrative leadership at both the SFVAHCS and UCSF.